Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where did our time go... (a post from Mom)

I’ve been going through a box of old pictures and the last ten years this task has proved to the hardest thing in my life that I do. It is both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because it gives me special time to reflect on not only your life but mine also. A curse because when I am through, it is all I can do to make it through the rest of the day without a huge “Bubba Cry Session”.

I’ve tried to stay strong for the girls when in fact a lot of the time I am falling apart inside I am so lonely without you. It was so special “growing up” together. It was quite a ride and yes, there are so many times and things that I would like to have a “do over” on but I know that is not possible; at least not in this life.

Jeffory as we get ready to start our intense effort to raise money for CF this year, please know it is all for you. I know you are happy and out of pain because you have told me on several occasions but it doesn’t ease the pain I feel as a mother that lost her baby. A part of me will forever be missing.

Just know that everything we do, we do for you. Godspeed little man, sweet dreams.

Love, Mom





(make sure and pause playlist at bottom of blog for music)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

This is a beautiful and very moving post. The work you ladies do is inspiring. I sincerely hope CF can soon stand for Cure Found.

Parker's Paradise said...

How beautiful! Keep up the good work! ; )

Misty Boone said...

Wow, what a touching post. Now if I can just get the tears to quit coming while I'm at work haha. I know what it's like to have a bond that strong with your family, as my family has the same. Prayers for a Cure Found....Good luck with the fundraising ladies!!!

So in love. said...

This post and video were so touching. I am honored that you have allowed so many people to have a glimpse into your life...Jeff's life. My heart is broken for all of you and the tears are pouring all over my face. Just as much as you were blessed to have him, he was blessed to have you.